We want you to start a conversation.
The humanities have long been part of Sun Valley Museum of Art's legacy. Early in our organization’s history, we hosted the Institute of the American West symposia. Today we welcome Featured Speakers as part of the BIG IDEA projects and offer more casual and intimate Artist Talks & Conversations, Art History Lectures and lively Panel Discussions. SVMoA invites experts from diverse fields to share their knowledge with our community, stimulating dialogue in our homes, in the classroom and on throughout the community.
Sun Valley Museum of Art brings prominent speakers to the Wood River Valley to engage the community in lively, informative discussions about BIG IDEA themes.
2022/2023 Featured Speakers
Upcoming SVMoA 2022/2023 Featured Speakers & Lectures to be announced soon—stay tuned!
Upcoming Lectures, Talks & Panel Discussions
Thu, October 06
Tue, October 18
Lectures & Talks FAQs
SVMoA requests that unvaccinated individuals wear masks inside The Museum and at all indoor SVMoA programs and events.
- Some of our Featured Speakers and Lectures offer a premium seating area as well as a regular priced seating area.
- Most lectures and talks are general admission meaning first-come, first-serve to seats on seating availability on the date of the event.
- Yes, it's strongly recommended as seating is often limited.
- To ensure that you have a seat at this event please call our box office or register for your FREE ticket online.
- This helps us to be able to better accommodate the audience that attends these FREE lectures.
- Yes. We do not allow babes in arms for our lecture events, and children who do attend must have their own purchased seat.
- For some lectures, we offer specially priced tickets for students.
- Please contact us 208.726.9491 for more information about SVMoA events that are appropriate for kids.
- Tickets are available for pick-up at the Sun Valley Museum of Art, 191 Fifth Street East, Ketchum, during Museum hours, Tue–Fri, 10am–5pm, Sat, 11am–4pm (Closed Sun & Mon). Tickets will not be mailed.
- If you are unable to pick up your tickets in advance, they’ll be at will call at the venue on the day of the event.
- Will Call will reopen at designated venue on the day of the performance 45 minutes before showtime.
Find your confirmation email by searching for: “Sun Valley Museum of Art: Order Confirmation.” If you see a blue square that says “VIEW ETICKETS,” you can click on it to print your tickets.
Doors open 30 minutes before start time. At some of our venues, parking is a short walk from the venue. Please plan accordingly!
- No video, photography or recording of any kind is permitted at SVMoA's lectures.
- Professional photographers and videographers must contact Sun Valley Museum of Art in advance to receive permission to take photos at our events. Permission may be granted, but photographers must follow SVMoA’s guidelines or risk being asked to leave and/or lose the right to photograph future events.
- We use a variety of locations around the valley for our lectures and talk and panel discussion. Please be sure to check the event location before heading out, and contact us if you have any questions.
- SVMoA has ample street parking available.
- The Community Library has ample street parking available.
- The Church of the Big Wood has limited parking, although parking is available in the YMCA parking lot across the street.
- The Argyros has on-street parking nearby, but please do not park in the Village Market parking lot.
- Wood River High School Performing Arts Theater is located in Hailey and has a parking lot in front of the Community Campus building. If this lot is full, there may be overflow parking available in the high school lots to the north of the Community Campus.
- Typically, our lecture events are directly followed by a time for the audience to ask questions of the speaker.
- Our Q&A session generally lasts for about 15 minutes following the end of the formal lecture.
- Please follow directions from the speaker and staff. At times we ask that when called on you wait for a mic to be given to you to amplify the sound. At times we ask that you make your way to a stationary mic to ask your question or write your question on a piece of paper and pass it to waiting staff.
- Please keep your question direct and brief so that we can accommodate as many questions in our time as possible.
- At many of our events that feature an author, a book signing will follow the event. The signing usually takes place in the lobby or on the stage where the event takes place.
- Books will be available for purchase through a local book seller. You may also bring a copy that you already own.
- Please follow signs and directions from staff about lines and photography.
- Our venues are ADA accessible, but due to the age of certain venues, some have special concerns.
- Please contact us at 208.726.9491 to let us know how we can best accommodate you.
- Lecture tickets are not exchangeable or refundable.
- If you cannot use your tickets, you may give them to a friend or return them to Sun Valley Museum of Art before the event for a tax-deductible contribution equal to the price you paid for the tickets (excluding ticketing fees, which are not tax deductible).
For reasons beyond our control (e.g., weather, artist scheduling, illness), shows may be canceled or postponed. If this occurs, we will contact ticket holders via email and post announcements on our website and Facebook page to alert patrons of any changes and what SVMoA will do in this particular situation. If you have any questions, please contact us at 208-726-9491.
- If you have any questions about the event, please call us at 208-726-9491 during museum hours, Tue-Fri, 10am-5pm, Sat, 11am-4pm (Closed Sun & Mon).