Dig deeper into ideas through film
During the fall, winter and spring, Sun Valley Museum of Art presents documentary films on artists, art forms, architecture and more. From time to time we also present independent and international films that would not otherwise be shown locally. Films are often presented in coordination with SVMoA's BIG IDEA projects as a way to enhance and deepen understanding of the theme or concept being explored.
There's no upcoming events at this time. Check back soon and subscribe to our newsletter for the latest museum happenings!
SVMoA is screening films in 2020 at the Liberty Theatre in Hailey on the first Wednesdays of the month and also screens films on Thursdays at 4pm and 7pm in partnership with Magic Lantern Cinemas at Magic Lantern’s upstairs location at 100 Second St. West in Ketchum. Please be sure to purchase tickets for the specific time and location you’re interested in.
We no longer print hard tickets for the films in order to save resources. If you purchase tickets in advance, please proceed inside the theater and check in with a SVMoA staff member who has a will-call list. If you haven’t pre-purchased tickets, please go to the Magic Lantern box office window and purchase your ticket.
Running times vary by movie. The easiest way to check on running times is to do a web search on the name of the film and reference “running time.”
- The number of tickets sold to each screening will be limited to ensure social distancing. Seating is general admission, but seats will be blocked off to create distancing between attendees.
- SVMoA staff will wear face masks at the film screening.
- No one will be allowed entry into the theater without a face mask. Please bring your own mask.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for staff & attendees.
- Please do not attend if you are feeling ill or if you’ve recently been in contact with someone ill.
- We will ensure that cleaning protocols are followed and will limit the number of tickets sold to ensure physical distancing.
- SVMoA staff will check in attendees outside the theater.
- Masks are required inside the building unless you are seated.
- A SVMoA staff member inside the theater will help with seating.
- At the end of the show, please use the exits at the front of the auditoriums to the outer hallways and down the stairs (unless you require the elevator).
- Please pick up your trash and deposit it in the additional trash receptacles at those exits. This helps protect the staff while they sanitize the auditoriums for the next show