FILM: Oscar Shorts—Animated (First Screening)
Thursday, March 2, 2023 - 4:30 PM
For the 8th consecutive year, Sun Valley Museum of Art and the Magic Lantern Cinemas present the Oscar-Nominated Short Film. With all three categories offered—Animated, Live Action and Documentary—this is your annual chance to predict the winners (and have the edge in your Oscar pool)! A perennial hit with audiences around the country and the world, don’t miss this year’s selection of shorts. The 95th Academy Awards take place Sunday, March 12, 2023.
This film screening takes place at the Magic Lantern Cinemas, Ketchum at 4:30pm.
ANIMATED SHORTS (Running Time: 95 min.)
Rating equivalent of PG-13/R. Four of the films are suitable for kids 10 and up, but the final film, MY YEAR OF DICKS, is for adult audiences only.
(Please note that we do not yet have a screener for The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse, but will update this Vimeo page once we do.)
- An Ostrich Told Me the World is Fake and I Think I Believe It – Lachlan Pendragon, Australia, 12 min.
- The Flying Sailor – Amanda Forbis and Wendy Tilby, Canada, 8 min.
- Ice Merchants – João Gonzalez and Bruno Caetano, Portugal/France/UK, 15 min.
- The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse – Charlie Mackesy and Matthew Freud, UK, 33 min.
- My Year of Dicks – Sara Gunnarsdóttir and Pamela Ribon, USA, 26 min.
(PLEASE NOTE: THIS 30-SECOND INTERSTITIAL CARD WILL APPEAR PRIOR TO MY YEAR OF DICKS: "The following Oscar-nominated short film is intended for adult audiences and is not suitable for children. There will be a short break at this time so that patrons, if they choose, can exit the auditorium.")
$10 member / $12 nonmember