FILM: Jimmy Carter: Rock & Roll President (Hailey Screening)
Wednesday, December 2, 2020 - 7:00 PM
If it hadn't been for a bottle of scotch and a late-night visit from musician Gregg Allman, Jimmy Carter might never have been elected the 39th President of the United States. The documentary charts the mostly forgotten story of how Carter, a lover of all types of music, forged a tight bond with musicians Willie Nelson, the Allman Brothers, Bob Dylan and others. Low on campaign funds and lacking in name recognition, Carter relied on support from these artists to give him a crucial boost in the Democratic primaries. Once Carter was elected, the musicians became frequent guests in the White House. The surprisingly significant role that music played throughout Carter's life and in his work becomes a thread in this engaging portrait of one of the most enigmatic Presidents in American history.
Run Time: 1 hour 36 minutes
This film screening takes place at the Liberty Theatre, Hailey at 7pm.
NOTE: SVMoA is screening films in 2020 at the Liberty Theatre in Hailey on the first Wednesdays of the month and also screens films on Thursdays at 4pm and 7pm in partnership with Magic Lantern Cinemas at Magic Lantern’s upstairs location at 100 Second St. West in Ketchum.
Please be sure to purchase tickets for the specific time and location you’re interested in.
HEALTH & SAFETY PROTOCOLS:
- SVMoA staff will wear face masks at the film screening.
- No one will be allowed entry into the theater without a face mask. Please bring your own mask.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for staff & attendees.
- Please do not attend if you are feeling ill or if you’ve recently been in contact with someone ill.
- We will ensure that cleaning protocols are followed and will limit the number of tickets sold to ensure physical distancing.
- SVMoA staff will check in attendees outside the theater.
- Masks are required inside the building unless you are seated.
- A SVMoA staff member inside the theater will help with seating.
- At the end of the show, please use the exits at the front of the auditoriums to the outer hallways and down the stairs (unless you require the elevator).
- Please pick up your trash and deposit it in the additional trash receptacles at those exits. This helps protect the staff while they sanitize the auditoriums for the next show
- For more info on SVMoA's health & safety protocols visit: https://svmoa.org/visit/coronavirus-preparedness
- For more info on Magic Lantern Cinema health & safety protocols: https://mlcinemas.com/
$10 member / $12 nonmember