FILM: Bombshell: The Hedy Lamarr Story (First Showing)
Thursday, October 22, 2020 - 4:00 PM
Hollywood star Hedy Lamarr was known as the world’s most beautiful woman—Snow White and Cat Woman were both based on her iconic look. However, her arresting appearance and glamorous life stood in the way of her begin given the credit she deserved as an ingenious inventor whose pioneering work helped revolutionize modern communication. An Austrian Jewish emigrant who invented a covert communication system to try to help defeat the Nazis, Lamarr was ignored and told to sell kisses for war bonds instead. Family, friends and colleagues, including Mel Brooks and the late Robert Osborne, share their personal memories of Lamarr, explaining the atmosphere that created the disconnect between her brilliance and her beauty. It was only toward the very end of her life that tech pioneers discovered that it was her concept that is now used as the basis for secure WiFi, GPS and Bluetooth technologies.
HEALTH & SAFETY PROTOCOLS:
- SVMoA staff will wear face masks at the film screening.
- No one will be allowed entry into the theater without a face mask. Please bring your own mask.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for staff & attendees.
- Please do not attend if you are feeling ill or if you’ve recently been in contact with someone ill.
- We will ensure that cleaning protocols are followed and will limit the number of tickets sold to ensure physical distancing.
- SVMoA staff will check in attendees outside the theater.
- Masks are required inside the building unless you are seated.
- A SVMoA staff member inside the theater will help with seating.
- At the end of the show, please use the exits at the front of the auditoriums to the outer hallways and down the stairs (unless you require the elevator).
- Please pick up your trash and deposit it in the additional trash receptacles at those exits. This helps protect the staff while they sanitize the auditoriums for the next show
- For more info on SVMoA's health & safety protocols visit: https://svmoa.org/visit/coronavirus-preparedness
- For more info on Magic Lantern Cinema health & safety protocols: https://mlcinemas.com/
Magic Lantern Cinemas
$10 member / $12 nonmember